Often we know the right things to do when it comes to our health. Eat nutritious foods. Get lean. Avoid too much stress.
But many times, doing the right thing isn’t so easy. There’s a thing called ‘habit’ that gets in the way. These habits have been developed over time… many of them since childhood. They are ingrained, hard to change… automatic reflexes.
Overcoming ’bad’ habits and acquiring ‘good’ habits can be difficult. Here are some great habits to incorporate into your life… but they are easier said than done:
- Eat slowly and chew your food well
- Exercise six days a week
- No eating after 8PM
- Get 7 – 8 hours of restful sleep a night
- Don’t drink water with meals (it dilutes stomach acids needed for digestion)
- Don’t smoke
- Don’t salt your food
- Limit TV and internet time (yes, Xbox , too!)
- Don’t drink soda pop
- Take your multi-vitamin/mineral supplement every day
- Eat less
If you have already incorporated many of the habits on this list… awesome! If not, it will be worth the effort to work some of these into your life.